|Oil||6 Tablespoon, divided|
|Poppy seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Cardamom pod||3 Medium|
|Cinnamon stick||2 Small|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Cashews||10 Medium, slit lengthwise|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Paneer cubes||250 Gram|
|Garam masala powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Green chillies||2 Small, slit lengthwise|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, chopped|
|Green peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry fenugreek leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Red chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Coriander leaves||3 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
For The Onion Paste
1. In a pan heat 2 tablespoon of oil on medium heat. Add the poppy seeds, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, onion and cashews. Saute for a few minutes or till the onions turn light brown.
2. Season with salt and a pinch of turmeric powder. Continue to sauté till the onions are done. Remove from heat and let it cool. Transfer into a blender and blend till smooth. Set aside.
For The Paneer
3. In the same pan heat 2 tablespoons of oil. Add the paneer cubes and fry them for 2 minutes. Season with salt and garam masala. Continue to sauté for another 2 minutes and transfer into a plate. Set aside.
4. In the pan 2 more tablespoons of oil. Add the cumin seeds and let them splutter. Put in the green chillies and sauté for a minute. Add prepared paste and saute for 2 minutes.
5. Put in the tomatoes, stir and cook till they are soft. Add the green peas, fenugreek leaves, red chilli powder, ginger garlic paste, salt to taste, and pour ½ cup of water. Stir well to mix, cover and cook for around 5 minutes or till the peas are cooked.
6. Return the paneer cubes to the pan, stir well till well combined and cook for another 5 minutes. Garnish with coriander leaves. Turn off the heat.
7. In a serving plate, serve the matar paneer hot with rotis of choice.
Calories 515 Calories from Fat 324
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.4%
Saturated Fat 5.5 g27.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6.2 mg2.1%
Sodium 596.4 mg24.9%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g10.9%
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g31.6%
Sugars 11.5 g
Protein 18 g35.7%
Vitamin A 38% Vitamin C 67.9%
Calcium 24.8% Iron 32.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet