|Toor dal||100 Gram|
|Red chili||3 (long chilies)|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Curry leaves||2 Teaspoon|
|Coconut||5 Tablespoon, grated|
|Urad dal||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Pressure cook toor dal with 250 ml of water for 5 whistles (1 whistle in high and 4 in simmer).
2. Grind coconut with little water. Keep it ready.
3. Take a frying pan, add 3 teaspoon, and heat. Fry red chilies in this. Remove and keep.
4. In the same pan, add black pepper, cumin and saute. Add this to the red chilies and grind to a fine powder.
5. Take a deep frying pan, add 3 cups of water and boil the veggies. Once the vegetable boils, add half the salt you would put, curry leaves, and add the ground spice mixture. Let it come to a boil.
6. Once it comes to a boil, add mashed dal. Add salt to taste. Bring it back to a boil. Add ground coconut mix. Squeeze lemon juice. Switch off stove.
7. Serve hot over white rice and aviyal.