|Toor dal||100 Gram|
|Red chili||3 (long chilies)|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Curry leaves||2 Teaspoon|
|Coconut||5 Tablespoon, grated|
|Urad dal||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Pressure cook toor dal with 250 ml of water for 5 whistles (1 whistle in high and 4 in simmer).
2. Grind coconut with little water. Keep it ready.
3. Take a frying pan, add 3 teaspoon, and heat. Fry red chilies in this. Remove and keep.
4. In the same pan, add black pepper, cumin and saute. Add this to the red chilies and grind to a fine powder.
5. Take a deep frying pan, add 3 cups of water and boil the veggies. Once the vegetable boils, add half the salt you would put, curry leaves, and add the ground spice mixture. Let it come to a boil.
6. Once it comes to a boil, add mashed dal. Add salt to taste. Bring it back to a boil. Add ground coconut mix. Squeeze lemon juice. Switch off stove.
7. Serve hot over white rice and aviyal.
Calories 303 Calories from Fat 121
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.7%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g31.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 112 mg4.7%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.8%
Dietary Fiber 10.8 g43.2%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 13 g25.3%
Vitamin A 2.6% Vitamin C 47.5%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 17.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet