Chicken Tikka Masala
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Red chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tomato puree||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fenugreek leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooked chicken tikka||300 Gram|
|Coriander leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
1. In a wok, heat the oil and add in the cloves, bay leaf and cardamom. Let them crackle for a few seconds and add in the cumin seeds.
2. Add in the onion puree and sauté until golden brown, followed by ginger – garlic paste and sauté until rawness is removed.
3. Season with salt, red chili powder, coriander powder and garam masala. Fry on low heat for 2 minutes and pour in the water, cook for another 2 – 3 minutes.
4. Add in the tomato puree and cream, cover with the lid. Cook for 4 – 5 minutes until paste is reduced to half.
5. Add in the fenugreek leaves and chicken tikka , toss well. Cook for a few minutes.
6. Garnish the chicken with coriander leaves and serve with naan.
Calories 456 Calories from Fat 154
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.2%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g13.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2.7 mg0.9%
Sodium 451.6 mg18.8%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.8%
Sugars 19.2 g
Protein 30 g60.9%
Vitamin A 13.4% Vitamin C 20.6%
Calcium 14.4% Iron 17.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet