Simple Pyaz Tamatar Macaroni
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||10 Cup (160 tbs) (or more for boiling macaroni)|
1. Take a deep frying pan or kadai and boil the macaroni in water. It will take around 10 minutes to boil the macaroni.
2. In the mean time, remove the peel of onions. Chop the tomatoes and peeled onions.
3. Once the macaroni gets boiled, strain it and rinse under running cold water. This would not allow the macaroni to stick to each other.
4. Pour oil in the kadai and add the chopped onions to it. Allow the onions to get slightly brown, while stirring continuously.
5. After around 5 minutes, add chopped tomatoes and stir the onion tomato mix properly.
6. Cook the onion tomato masala in kadai on high flame for around 5 minutes and then cook it on low flame for another 5-7 minutes, while stirring continuously. If the masala starts sticking to the kadai, add little water to it.
9. Now add salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and coriander powder to the masala. Stir well.
10. Add macaroni, followed by soy sauce and vinegar. Mix all together by cooking the macaroni on high flame for around 2-3 minutes, uncovered.
11. Then reduce the heat and cook the macaroni for another 10 minutes, with the lid put over the kadai. Stir once in between, to ensure that the macaroni does not stick to the kadai.
12. Serve the macaroni with tomato ketchup and hot cup of tea or coffee.