Gajar ka Paratha
|Wheat flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Red chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Carrot||2 Medium (Gajar)|
|For pan frying the parathas|
1. Peel the carrots with the help of a peeler. Wash the carrots properly. Grate the carrots with the help of a grater.
2. Prepare the carrot dough by combining together all the dough ingredients in a large bowl and kneading the mix with your hands. Add water gradually so that the dough does not become too loose.
3. From the dough take a small portion and make it in the form of a ball. Dust the rolling board (chakla). Now with the help of rolling pin, flatten the carrot based dough ball on the rolling board.
4. Place the flattened carrot dough on the flat skillet/tawa. Cook until the side turns brown and then flip over and cook on the other side. Apply little bit of oil on one side of the paratha and cook on that side for a couple of seconds, and then transfer the paratha to a plate.
5. The paratha can be served with curd or pickle or both on the side.
Flat Skillet/Tawa/Shallow Pan