Looking for a simple recipe for a Gujrati meal..? This recipe of rolta (unleaved flatbread) with garlic sauce presents a simple but tasty dinner. The dish can be accompanied with vegetables on the side.
Directions for preparing the sauce:
• Sauté the garlic in oil on medium heat till it gets brown and crispy.
• Add salt and red chilies and stir it in well.
• Transfer to a bowl with a spoon for serving.
Directions for preparing the bajri na rolta:
• Take the flour and add some water.
• Add salt to taste.
• Knead it thoroughly, till it looks even throughout. The well kneaded rolta dough should not have any lumps.
• Roll it out with a rolling pin. Roll out individual pieces of rolta separately (traditionally round in shape). The bread should be 2-3 mm thick ideally so that it does not get burnt while roasting.
• Roast on a curved pan (tawa) till the bread gets evenly browned. Flip the bread and turn it on the pan to get all sides evenly browned.
• Serve (directly from the pan) with the garlic sauce.
Very few things in life are as comforting as an Indian meal. Chef Bhal Dave details two easy recipes on how to make chapatis and garlic sauce. This is indeed a win-win combo and is a sure crowd-pleaser. A perfect lunch/dinner anyday!