Machher Dimer Kaliya (Fish Egg Fritter Curry)
|For fish egg fritters|
|Fish eggs||200 Gram, washed and cleaned|
|Gram flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Green chili||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Mustard oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Onion paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Tomato puree||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green chili||2 Small, slit lengthwise (for garnishing)|
1. Remove the outer membrane of the fish eggs, if any.
For the Fish Egg Fritter -
2. In a large bowl, add all the ingredients for the Fish Eggs Fritters, except the mustard oil. Using clean hand, mix everything together. Keep the mixture aside.
3. In a deep frying pan, add oil and let it heat on high. Using a tablespoon, drop the fish egg mixture in hot oil, reduce the heat to medium and fry them nicely on both sides until golden. Place the fritters on paper towels to soak out extra oil.
For the curry -
4. In the same frying pan with the remaining oil, add the onion paste, garlic paste, ginger paste, tomato puree and turmeric powder. Saute the mixture nicely until it starts to release oil.
5. Pour in water and let the mixture simmer on medium heat for 5 minutes.
6. Add the fritters into the curry and simmer in low heat for another 5 minutes or until the gravy becomes thick.
7. Remove from heat and garnish with slit green chili.
8. Serve with steamed white rice.
Calories 264 Calories from Fat 31
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.4%
Saturated Fat 0.44 g2.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 150.4 mg6.3%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.3%
Sugars 40.4 g
Protein 3 g5.4%
Vitamin A 2.6% Vitamin C 39.5%
Calcium 2.2% Iron 6.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet