|Apples||2 , core (peeled and sliced)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mustard seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ginger and garlic paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice/Vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato ketchup||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
1. In the sauce pan combine apples, brown sugar, lemon juice and raisins.
2. Cook the apples over low heat, until soft but not mushy.
3. Once the apples are soft add the salt, mustard seeds, garlic, ginger, red chili powder and tomato ketchup.
4. Stir everything and cook the apples for 10 minutes, add water in case the chutney is too thick.
5. Once done turn off the heat and using a masher mash the apples to the desired consistency.
6. Allow the chutney to cool and thicken.
7. Transfer in a bowl or a glass jar.
8. Serve the Apple Chutney with tandoori kebab or roasted chicken.
If you want smooth chutney then blend everything in the blender until smooth.
If you want it chunky then serve it as it is.