Green Tomato Thoran
|Green tomatoes||1⁄2 Kilogram, deseeded, cut into medium dices|
|For the coconut mixture|
|Shredded coconut||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cumin seeds||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Green chilies||4 Small (Adjust as per your taste)|
|Garlic cloves||4 Medium|
|Red onions||4 Small|
|For the seasoning|
|Coconut oil/Vegetable oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Mustard seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dry red chilies||3 Medium|
|Curry leaves||8 Medium|
To prepare the coconut mixture:
1. In a mini food processor, add in all the ingredients for the coconut mixture, pulse it to get a coarse mixture. Set this aside.
2. Heat a pan with oil. When oil is hot enough add the mustard seeds. Allow them to crackle and then add the dry red chilies and curry leaves. Saute for about 15 seconds to season the oil.
3. Add in the tomatoes and the prepared coconut mixture. Stir to Mix everything well.
4. Season with some salt and stir. Cover with a lid and let cook for about 10 - 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until done.
5. Serve warm with steamed rice and enjoy!
Calories 248 Calories from Fat 139
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.3%
Saturated Fat 13.9 g69.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 123.2 mg5.1%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.2%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.6%
Sugars 15.7 g
Protein 4 g8.9%
Vitamin A 25.4% Vitamin C 84.7%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 13.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet