Dry Moong Dal tastes very different from the dal cooked in traditional style. It is a recipe quick and easy to make. It can be a tasty alternative for those who does not like plain moong dal.
For moong dal
1 Cup (16 tbs), soaked for 2-3 hours and boiled
1 Cup (16 tbs) (as needed)
For the gravy
1 , chopped finely
Finely chopped ginger
Red chili powder
Chopped coriander leaves
1. In a cooker, combine dal with turmeric and water. Pressure cook until done.
2. In a pan, heat oil and let cumin splutter in it.
3. Add green chili, ginger, asafoetida, and curry leaves. Fry well.
4. Stir in boiled dal, amchur powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt, and fresh coriander.
5. Garnish with coriander and serve with paratha.