Veggie Treat Fried Rice
|Basmati rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Green beans||100 Gram, diced|
|Carrot||100 Gram, peeled, diced|
|Potato||100 Gram, peeled, diced|
|Green peas||100 Gram (fresh/ frozen)|
|Coriander leaves||1⁄4 Bunch (25 gm), chopped finely|
|Mint leaves||1⁄4 Bunch (25 gm), chopped finely|
|Onion||4 , thinly sliced|
|Cinnamon stick||1 Small|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Wash the rice thoroughly and soak it in water for 20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. In a pressure cooker heat oil on medium heat. Add cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, peppercorn, star anise. Saute it till start to splutter.
3. Add the onions and saute them till the onions turn brown. Put in the vegetables and continue to saute for 2 more minutes.
4. Next add the rice and saute it for another 2 minutes. Put in the coriander leaves and mint leaves and saute further for another 3 minutes.
5. Pour the water and season with salt to taste. Stir well to mix all. Close the pressure cooker and cook for 4 whistles. Turn off the heat and let it sit closed till the pressure is released.
6. In a serving plate, serve the fried rice with egg or chicken curry and raita.
Any vegetable like beet root, cauliflower or Soy chunks can be added to the fried rice.