Ethakka Appam/Pazham Pori (Sweet Banana Fritter)
|Ripe banana||3 Large (nentham Pazham/ Ethapazham)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||3 Tablespoon (to taste)|
|Cardamom powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
1. Peel the banana. Cut it into half. Further slice each piece into half lengthwise. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, add all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, salt and cardamom powder. Whisk well till mixed.
3. Slowly pour water and continue to whisk till combined and smooth flowing batter, but not runny.
4. In a deep pan, heat oil on medium high till very hot.
5. Dip each banana slice in the batter and put in the hot oil carefully. Reduce the heat to medium and fry till the fritter is golden brown on both sides.
6. Transfer on to paper towel to drain off excess oil.
7. In a serving plate, serve the fritters hot as a sweet snack with choice of beverage.
Banana can be sliced into circles also.
Use a ripe but tough banana.
Calories 261 Calories from Fat 73
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.8%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g5.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 44.5 mg1.9%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.3%
Sugars 19.8 g
Protein 4 g7.4%
Vitamin A 1.3% Vitamin C 14.6%
Calcium 1.2% Iron 6.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet