Crispy Fish Fry
|For the marinade|
|Fish fillets||1⁄2 Pound (salmon, tilapia, or any fish of choice)|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Green chilies||1⁄2 Teaspoon, chopped finely|
|Coriander leaves||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|For the spice mix|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Red chilli powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Garam masala||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Rice flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Rava/Semolina flour||2 Tablespoon|
1. Wash the fish and pat dry with a paper towel. Cut it into 2 inch pieces.
2. In a bowl add ginger garlic paste, green chili, vinegar, coriander leaves and salt. Mix well to a paste.
3. Put the fish pieces into the bowl and mix well till all the pieces are well coated. Cover and let it sit for around 10 minutes.
4. In another bowl, add turmeric powder, coriander, cumin, red chili, garam masala and salt. Mix them till combined.
5. In separate bowls or plate take rice flour and rava.
6. Take each marinated fish piece, roll it in the dry spice mixture. Dredge it in the rice flour and finally in the rava. Repeat this with all the pieces.
7. In a pan heat oil on medium heat. Place the coated fish pieces in it and fry them till golden brown on both the sides.
8. Transfer them onto paper towels to drain off the excess oil.
9. In a serving plate, serve the fish fry hot with mint chutney.
Calories 282 Calories from Fat 70
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.3%
Saturated Fat 0.72 g3.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 75 mg25%
Sodium 508.4 mg21.2%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.3%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 25 g49.2%
Vitamin A 55.4% Vitamin C 17.6%
Calcium 13.1% Iron 14%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet