|For mutton stock|
|Mutton||1 Pound, cut into chunks|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|For tambdaa masala paste|
|Cumin seed||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely (or 2 large cloves)|
|Dried coconut flakes||2 Tablespoon|
|Tomato||1 Large, chopped finely|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For tambdaa rassa|
|Degi mirch powder||1 Tablespoon|
For The Mutton Stock
1. In a pressure cooker, heat oil. Add onions and sauté till they are soft and light golden brown. Put ginger garlic paste and turmeric powder. Stir well to mix and cook for 1 more minute.
2. Add the lamb pieces, water and salt. Mix well, cover and cook until you hear 8 whistles. Turn off the heat and wait for the pressure to be released. Separate the lamb and the stock, set aside.
For The Tambdaa Rassa Masala Paste
3. In a pan heat oil on medium heat. Add cumin seeds and let them splutter, put bay leaves, cloves, peppercorns, star anise and cinnamon sticks. Stir well.
4. Put onion and sauté for a minute. Put the garlic pieces and continue to sauté and cook till the onions are light golden brown.
5. Add coconut flakes and continue to cook for 3 more minutes or till they are light brown. Turn off the heat and let it cool completely.
6. Transfer the cooled mixture in the blender with tomatoes, onion, coriander powder, garam masala and water. Blend till smooth and paste like.
7. In a kadai or wok, heat 3 tablespoon oil. Put the blended masala (save 3 tablespoon for later) into it, stir and cover partially with a lid to avoid splashing. Cook for around 6 minutes. Add kashmiri chili powder, mix and continue to cook till oil separates.
8. Pour the mutton stock and water, stir to mix well. Season with salt to taste and cover with a lid, cook for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat.
9. In a serving bowl, serve the tambdaa rassa with Sukha mutton curry and bread of your choice.
For recipe of Sukha Mutton Click HERE
Calories 936 Calories from Fat 590
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 67 g102.4%
Saturated Fat 21.6 g107.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 152 mg50.7%
Sodium 513.4 mg21.4%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.5%
Dietary Fiber 8.8 g35.4%
Sugars 10.4 g
Protein 50 g100%
Vitamin A 23.2% Vitamin C 56.5%
Calcium 16.1% Iron 44.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet