Fiber Rich Pulao
|Rice bran oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Roasted cumin seeds||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 , chopped finely|
|Green chillies||1 , chopped finely|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm), chopped finely|
|Ginger||1 Inch, chopped finely|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Spinach leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely|
|Cubed vegetables||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (mix of french beans, bell peppers, carrots)|
|Brown rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), basmati (Soaked for 1 hour and drained)|
|Hot water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Garam masala powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Almonds||3 Teaspoon, chopped finely (soaked for 30 mins and drained)|
1. In a deep bowl mix together oil, cumin seeds, onion and green chilies.
2. Microwave for 2 minutes.
3. Mix in garlic and ginger and microwave further for another 2-3 minutes.
4. Stir in turmeric powder, spinach and vegetables and further microwave for 2-3 minutes.
5. Mix in rice, hot water, and salt and microwave for 20 minutes.
6. Let it stand for 5 minutes then sprinkle garam masala powder on top and fork it, to separate the grains of rice.
7. Garnish with almonds, serve hot!