Simple Safed Chole
|White chickpeas||250 Gram (safed chole)|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Mango powder||1 Teaspoon (Amchur)|
|Roasted cumin seed powder||1 Teaspoon (bhuna jeera powder)|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
1. Clean white chickpeas (safed chole) with water 3-4 times and allow them to soak in water for around two hours.
2. Now pour white chickpeas (safed chole) into cooker along with the water in which it is soaked.
3. Close the lid of the cooker and cook the chole on high flame until a whistle comes.
4. Thereafter reduce the flame and allow the safed chole to cook for around half an hour.
5. After turning off the flame of the cooker (while the steam escapes out), take a frying pan and pour some oil in it and add all the spices, when the oil is hot
6. Sauté the spice mix on high flame for a minute, and then allow it to cook on low heat for a couple of minutes, while stirring continuously.
7. Open the lid of the cooker and add the spice mix to the chole and stir properly.
8. Add more water if required to achieve the desired consistency.
9. Now close the cooker lid and allow the chole to cook on high flame until a whistle comes, and then reduce the heat and allow the dish to be cooked for another 10 minutes.
10. Safed chole is now ready to be served along with rice, roti or bhature.
Calories 309 Calories from Fat 103
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.2%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g6.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1492 mg62.2%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.5%
Dietary Fiber 11.5 g46.1%
Sugars 7.5 g
Protein 12 g24.8%
Vitamin A 1.7% Vitamin C 5%
Calcium 9% Iron 24.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet