Goan Fish Curry
|Tuna fish||1⁄2 Kilogram, cut into thick pieces|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Tamarind||40 Gram, soaked in water|
|Fresh coconut||8 Inch|
|Coriander seeds||30 Gram|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Fenugreek seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Red chilies||10 Medium|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
1. Wash the fish and keep aside (any white fish of choice can be used)
2. Roast mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, coriander seeds, peppercorns and red chilies. Roast sliced onion separately. Add ginger, garlic, soaked tamarind along with a little salt to this mixture and grind to a fine paste. Set the masala aside.
3. Heat oil in a kadhai and curry leaves. As they splutter add the ground masala and roast well, till the oil separates from the masala.
4. Add water and boil the content well.
5. Add the washed fish pieces and cook for about 10 mins till the fish is done.
6. Garnish with the chopped coriander leaves and serve the curry hot with plain rice.