Vegetable Coconut Curry
|Canola oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mustard seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic cloves||4 Medium, minced|
|Ginger||2 Inch, minced|
|Green chili||1 Medium, minced|
|White onions/Red onions||2 Medium, chopped|
|Cauliflower florets||1 Cup (16 tbs), quartered|
|Mixed vegetables||2 Cup (32 tbs), cut into bite sized pieces (Carrots, Red bell pepper, Broccoli, Brussel sprouts used)|
|Potatoes||2 Medium, chopped|
|Red chili powder||1 Teaspoon (Adjust to your taste)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rice milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Coconut milk||400 Milliliter (One 400 ml Can used)|
|Cilantro||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a heated pan with oil, add cumin seeds, coriander seeds and mustard seeds.
2. When they splutter add the minced ginger, garlic and green chilies. Stir til they turn slightly brown.
3. Add the onions and saute until translucent.
4. Add the cauliflower florets and the mixed vegetables and potatoes.
5. Add salt, turmeric, red chili powder and stir in all this spices well with the vegetables. Cover and let it cook 5 - 6 minutes until vegetables are slightly soft.
6. When the vegetables are partially cooked, add water and rice milk. Stir and let it cook for 10 minutes.
7. After 10 minutes, add the coconut milk and let the vegetables simmer in it for about 5 - 6 minutes.
8. Sprinkle finely chopped cilantro leaves, cover and let simmer.
9. Finally add garam masala and stir gently to mix everything.
10. Serve warm with rice, roti or parantha.
Calories 368 Calories from Fat 209
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g37.8%
Saturated Fat 14.9 g74.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.88 mg0.29%
Sodium 718.4 mg29.9%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.4 g25.8%
Sugars 10.6 g
Protein 6 g12.8%
Vitamin A 29.1% Vitamin C 63%
Calcium 8.9% Iron 15.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet