Learn how to make flavorful Indian style Lemon Rice with turmeric, curry leaves, cumin seeds, mustard seeds and lemon juice.
2 Cup (32 tbs) (Soaked in water for 30 minutes)
2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)
1. Soak brown rice in water for about 30 minutes.
2. After 30 minutes, drain and set aside.
3. Heat a pot with 2 tbsp oil. Add cumin and mustard seeds.
4. Add curry leaves, fry for a minute.
5. Add the rice (soaked and drained), turmeric and salt. Stir for a minute.
6. Add 2 1/2 cups of water (if using Basmati rice or white rice, add 2 cups of water).
7. Add lemon juice, stir, cover the pot and let the rice cook until done.
8. Serve with any chutney of your choice, plain yogurt, raita or pickle.