Learn how to cook chickpeas in a flavorful way with Indian spice. This Curry is easy to make and is very nutritious and healthy dish. A must try for all Chickpea Lovers.
For the onion paste
The rest of the ingredients for the curry
Red chili powder
2 Medium, pureed
2 Tablespoon, chopped finely
2 Cup (32 tbs) (Soaked in water overnight)
4 Cup (64 tbs)
1. Soak the chick peas in water overnight. After about 8 hours, drain and set aside.
2. In a blender, blend together onions, ginger, garlic and green chili until you get a smooth paste. Set aside.
3. Heat up a pressure cooker with a couple of tbsp oil. Add cinnamon sticks, cumin seeds, coriander seeds.
4. Add the prepared onion paste, salt, turmeric, red chili powder, stir all the spices in well. Saute for about 2 minutes.
5. Add the tomato puree and stir. Let it simmer for about 2 minutes until the onion paste and tomato puree cooks.
6. Add the chopped cilantro leaves, garam masala and the drained chick peas.
7. Add 4 cups of water, stir, cover the pressure cooker and let the chick peas cook. Wait until you hear about 3 - 4 whistles of pressure release from the cooker. (This would take about 7 - 8 minutes)
8. Serve warm with Basmati rice, roti, naan or paratha.
If using canned chick peas, skip the step of soaking them overnight.