This is one of the most simple Indian recipes. In this dish we flavor potatoes with cumin seeds and it can be enjoyed as a side dish with rice or with chapati, naan etc.
2 Inch, julienned
2 Large, chopped
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
3 Medium, chopped finely (For garnishing)
Dry mango powder
1⁄2 Teaspoon (Amchur Powder)
1. Take a wok, heat it with 2 tbsp oil. Once heated, add cumin seeds.
2. Once they splutter, add green chili and ginger. Stir lightly.
3. After 2 minutes, add the potatoes. Stir them thoroughly so that they are well coated with the added spices.
4. Add salt, turmeric and mix these spices well with the potatoes.
5. Add 1/2 cup water, cover the wok and let the potatoes cook. Stir occasionally.
6. Half way through the cooking (after about 5 - 6 minutes of cooking), add dry mango powder.
7. Potatoes will take 10-12 mins to cook.
8. Once potatoes are done, garnish with freshly chopped cilantro leaves.
9. Serve warm with rice, roti or naan.
Make sure to add the mango powder towards the end of the cooking process, as adding it early during the cooking would slow down the cooking process.