I will show you how I make butter chicken which is an Indian dish with a good amount of heat.
2 Tablespoon, mince
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped
1 Tablespoon, mince
1 Tablespoon (packed)
Red chili flakes
Chicken breast boneless skinless
1 1⁄2 Pound (cut into 1/2 inch chunks)
Low fat yogurt
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1. Cut the chicken breast into ½ inch chunks, keep it aside.
2. Mince the garlic and ginger, finely chop the onions and keep everything aside.
3. In a pan sauté the garlic, ginger and onions in the oil for 4 minutes.
4. Add tomato paste, cumin seeds, garam masala, brown sugar, turmeric, chili flakes and salt. And cook for 2 minutes, keep stirring.
5. Add chicken and coat it well with the masala, add yogurt and water and let it cook for 8-10 minutes.
6. Stir and mix well, after 10 minutes check if the chicken is cooked completely.
7. Serve the butter chicken along with steamed white rice.