Aloo Methi in a Different Style
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped finely|
|Potato||2 Small, peeled, cut into small pieces|
|Methi leaves||3 Bunch (300 gm), minced|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Green chillies||1 1⁄2 Small (to taste)|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm)|
1. In the blender put garlic and green chillies. Blend till crushed well.
2. Add coconut and blend till coarsley ground (do not add water. Mortar can also be used to grind this paste). Set aside.
1. In a pan, heat vegetable oil on medium. Put the onions and saute till light golden brown.
2. Add the potatoes and continue to saute for a few minutes o till the potatoes turn soft.
3. Add turmeric and the fenugreek leaves. Saute for a few minutes.
4. Season with salt, mix well and add 1/4 cup of water.
5. Cover the pan and lower the heat. Simmer for 15 minutes or till the fenugreek leaves and potatoes are fully cooked (add more water if required, but in very small amounts).
6. Remove the lid and continue to cook on low heat for few more minutes or till the water is fully absorbed.
7. Put the coconut-chilly mixture and stir to mix well and coat all. Continue to cook till it is heated through.
8. In a serving plate, serve the aloo methi with chapathis or naan or any other bread of choice.
Calories 221 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.4%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 122.2 mg5.1%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.7%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 6 g11.7%
Vitamin A 0.5% Vitamin C 41.2%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 8.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet