Healthy Tiranga Rice
|Ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Green peas||100 Gram|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1. Wash the rice and let it soak in water for around 15 minutes.
2. Heat three small sauce pans and divide the rice equally into each saucepan. Pour one cup of water in each and let the rice cook.
3. While the rice boils, take out the juice of orange and grind the peas into a thin paste.
4. Add 1/3rd spoon of salt in one saucepan, add orange juice and stir to combine. Add 1/3rd spoon of slat in the second saucepan; add green peas paste and mix well. Into the 3rd sauce, add the rest of the salt.
5. Once boiled, reduce the heat and simmer for a couple of minutes before covering the saucepans. All the rice to cook on reduced heat, until all the liquid is absorbed.
6. Once cooked, arrange the rice in a plate in the form of Indian tricolor flag. The chakra in the center is made with ground black pepper.
7. Enjoy the healthy tiranga rice with dal and curd or raita, and celebrate the Indian Republic Day!
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1185 Calories from Fat 23
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.2%
Saturated Fat 0.64 g3.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3895.8 mg162.3%
Total Carbohydrates 259 g86.4%
Dietary Fiber 13.8 g55.1%
Sugars 22.8 g
Protein 27 g53.5%
Vitamin A 23.7% Vitamin C 205.5%
Calcium 19.5% Iron 25.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet