Sambhariya Bheeda ( Lady Fingers Cooked In Sambar Masala )
|Lady fingers||500 Gram (tender green)|
|Onions||250 Gram, chopped|
|Tomatoes||300 Gram, skinned and deseeded|
|Chopped coriander||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated fresh coconut||2 Tablespoon|
|Curry leaves sprig||1|
|Gujarati pickle||1 Tablespoon|
|Sambar powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Kashmiri chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cumin seed||1 Teaspoon|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for deep frying)|
1. Wash the lady fingers. Top and tail them. Cut into one inch pieces. Apply salt and set aside.
2. Place the chopped onions in a vessel alongwith half a cup of oil. Cook over a medium flame till pale brown in colour. Toss in all the spices and the coconut and fry well. When well mixed add the curry leaf and tomatoes. Cover and cook over a slow flame. Do not allow to burn.
3. Half fill a kadhai or frying pan with oil, and when the oil is nice and hot, fry the lady fingers in small batches and place in a colander. Sprinkle fine salt on the fried lady fingers.
4. When all the lady fingers have been fried toss them in the coconut mixture and stir.
5. Heat over a slow flame and serve with hot parathas.