|Cumin seeds||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Beetroots||4 Cup (64 tbs) , roughly chopped (leaves and stems)|
|Green chilli paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Ginger paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric powder||1 Pinch|
|Moong dal||1 Cup (16 tbs) (soaked in 1 1/2 cups of water)|
|Garam masala||1/2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (if required)|
1. In a pressure cooker on medium high, add and heat the oil. Once hot, add the cumin seeds and stir for a few seconds.
2. Add the beetroot leaves and stems, green chilli paste, ginger paste, garlic paste, turmeric powder and mix well until combined.
3. Stir in the soaked moong dal with the water and mix well with the leaves and stems.
4. Add garam masala and salt to taste. Mix well and cover the cooker with a lid and let it cook for about 2 whistles.
5. After 2 whistles, switch off the gas and let the pressure inside the cooker fall before opening it.
6. Once the pressure is down, open the cooker and using a spoon, fluff the dal and mix well. Stir in the lemon juice and water if required. Mix well and serve.
7. Serve this Yellow Lentils with Beet Greens curry hot with paratha, roti or bowl of steamed rice.