Tender Mango Pickle for Onam and Onasadya. The video is in Malayalam.
200 Gram, chopped finely (tender mangoes)
Red chilli powder
1⁄8 Bunch (12.5 gm)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1. In a pot on medium low, heat oil, add mustard seeds, curry leaves, green chillies and stir well for 1 minute.
2. Stir in the red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt. Stir for about 2 minutes on low flame.
3. Pour in the water and continue cooking for another 3 - 4 minutes on medium to high heat.
4. Add the raw mango, mix well and continue cooking for another 12 -14 minutes or until all the water evaporates from the pot.
5. Serve this mango pickle alongside some steamed or boiled rice and appam.