Puli Inchi (Tamarind/Ginger Pickle) is a sweet dish served along sadhya(feast). The video is in Malayalam.
1⁄8 Bunch (12.5 gm)
1 Teaspoon (to taste)
100 Gram, crushed
Red chilli powder
1. In a pot over medium high, heat oil, add mustard seeds, curry leaves and let them splutter for a few seconds.
2. Add the ginger paste, green chillies and stir fry until golden brown. Once done, set aside.
3. In another pan over medium high, heat oil, add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder. Stir well and let it cook for 30 seconds.
4. Pour in the tamarind juice, water, salt and stir well for 1 minute.
5. Add the jaggery and continue stirring it for another 1 minute.
6. Mix the ginger paste mixture into this liquid and mix well. Cook this mixture until the water has evaporated.
7. Serve the puli inchi or tamarind-ginger pickle with a bowl of steamed or boiled rice.