Rasam is a South Indian soup. The video is in Malayalam.
6 Clove (30 gm)
1⁄8 Bunch (12.5 gm)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1. In a pot over medium high, heat the coconut oil, add the tomatoes. Stir and cook the tomatoes for 4-5 minutes or until the tomatoes soften.
2. Once the tomatoes soften, remove them into a bowl and set aside.
3. Into the same pot, heat oil, add the mustard seeds, green leaves, crushed garlic, fennel seeds and peppercorns. Stir for another 3 - 4 minutes.
4. Stir in the rasam powder, and tamarind juice. Stir well.
5. Add in the softened tomato pieces, water, salt and let it boil for 3 - 4 minutes.
6. Serve this hot rasam in a bowl alongside idlis or a bowl of steamed rice.