Meen Mulakittathu Curry - Kerala Chilli Fish Curry
|King fish||1 Kilogram, washed, cleaned and sliced|
|Chilli powder||4 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Tamarind pulp||1 Cup (16 tbs) ((soak 100gms tamarind in 200 gms water))|
|Curry leaves||1⁄4 Bunch (25 gm)|
|Salt||2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Coconut oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a clay pot, pour in the water and add the chilli powder, turmeric powder, tomato, tamarind pulp, 10 curry leaves and salt to taste. Mix well.
2. Place the clay pot over a medium high flame and let the curry boil for about 10 - 15 minutes.
3. Once it starts boiling, slowly add the fish pieces. Stir gently and let the curry boil for another 15 minutes to cook the fish completely. Switch off the flame.
4. Add the curry leaves and coconut oil and with the help of a towel, hold the clay pot and give it a gentle stir, in order to mix the contents of the pot.
5. Serve the fish curry hot in a bowl alongside a bowl of steamed white rice or chapati.
Calories 329 Calories from Fat 128
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.1%
Saturated Fat 11.9 g59.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 561.7 mg23.4%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.2%
Dietary Fiber 3 g11.9%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 27 g53.4%
Vitamin A 48.4% Vitamin C 13.7%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 7.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet