Badi Ki Jholi
|Badi||10 Medium (Badis are a type of dried balls made of urad dal and grated cucumber. They are available in specialty food stores.)|
|Wheat flour/Gram flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Curd||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red chilies||2 Medium|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Jambu||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Jambu is an aromatic herb found in higher altitudes in the Himalayas.)|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
1. Heat oil in a kadai. Deep fry badis till golden brown, and keep aside.
2. Then add jambu and whole red chilies in a small quantity of oil and allow to fry.
3. Add wheat flour and fry for a few minutes, till the flour turns reddish and emits distinct aroma.
4. Now add water, stirring along, so that no lumps are formed.
5. Add all spices (turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder) and salt.
6. When the contents begin to boil, lower the flame and add fried badis.
7. Cook by simmering till badis soften.
8. Finally add yogurt and simmer for a few more minutes.