|Arhar dal/Lentil||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Yellow pigeon peas)|
|Cumin seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mustard seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red chilies||2 Medium|
|Coriander leaves||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
1. Soak dal for 2-3 hours, then grind to fine paste.
2. Take half the paste of dal and mix ½ tsp cumin seeds and salt to taste in it. Now make balls with this dough and deep fry them. Allow to cool, then soak these pakodas in water.
3. Heat ghee in a kadai and add jambu, cumin seeds, mustard seeds and red chillies. When the spices splutter, add the remaining dal paste and fry, stirring continuously.
4. Then slowly add water, mixing along, and then add turmeric powder and salt. Allow to boil and then cook on low flame for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Then add pakoras and simmer for few minutes.
6. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.