1. In a pot over medium high, add sugar, water and bring it to a boiling point.
2. Once done check for the 1 thread consistency. Switch off gas, add kesar and cardomom powder. Mix well.
3. Place this hot sugar syrup over a large bowl of ice water to let it cool quickly.
4. Take the fried vermicelli and put it in a plate. Once the sugar syrup has cooled, pour it over the fried vermicelli.
5. Serve the sutarfeni garnished with slivered almonds and pistachio.
To make the fried vermicelli soft, place a damp towel over it.