|Boneless skinless chicken breast||1 1⁄2 Pound (or thigh)|
|Greek yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tandoori masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger||15 Gram, grated (1-inch)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Cumin seed||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), mince|
|Tomatoes||4 Large, dice (or 14 ounce can diced tomatoes)|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried fenugreek leaves||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Ground almond||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Teaspoon (1-2)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cilantro leaves||1 Tablespoon, chop|
|Sliced almond||2 Teaspoon|
|For tandoori masala|
|Cumin seeds||2 Teaspoon|
|Black peppercorn||2 Teaspoon|
|Green cardamom seeds||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black cardamom||3 , seeds removed|
1. Wash chicken and remove excess fat from it. Cut it into 1 ½- inch pieces.
2. In a bowl mix together cold water and salt. Drop chicken piece in bowl and place it in fridge for about 30 minutes. Rinse and thoroughly drain chicken. Pat it dry, and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, add yogurt, tandoori masala, ginger, and garlic.
4. Drop chicken pieces in bowl and mix well. Pop it in refrigerator until you prepare sauce.
5. For sauce, place a medium saucepan on flame, and add ghee to it.
6. Drop cumin, stir well, and then add garam masala, onion, garlic, and ginger. Saute until brown.
7. Throw diced tomatoes, tomato paste, fenugreek leaves, almonds, salt, brown sugar, and cayenne. Mix well. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
8. Remove pan from heat, and pour mixture in blender. Blend until smooth.
9. Return the mixture back into the pan, place it on heat, and simmer over medium flame for about 6 minutes or until sauce reduces.
10. Preheat grill or broiler. Place chicken pieces on baking tray lined with foil. Pop it in oven, and cook chicken pieces in batches for 5-7 minutes per side or until browned.
11. Remove chicken from baking tray, and allow it to cool, before you cut it into pieces and add it to your sauce.
12. Reserve liquid from broiler pan and pour it in sauce.
13. Chop, and drop broiled chicken in sauce and simmer for another 10 minutes or until cooked through.
14. In the last minute of cooking add saffron and cream. Cover with lid, and let it simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through.
15. Garnish with cilantro, sliced almonds and serve it hot with naan.
For tandoori masala, in a bowl mix all the ingredients.