Chicken Tikka Masala
|For chicken tikka|
|Chicken breast boneless skinless||2 Large, cubed|
|Clarified butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garam masala||2 Tablespoon|
|Yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For the gravy|
|Red onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Clarified butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned tomatoes||14 Ounce, crushed (1 can with oregano, basil, garlic)|
|Cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For the rice|
|Basmati rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Cumin seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Green peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thawed|
|For the kheer|
|Basmati rice||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Coconut milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rose water||1 Teaspoon|
|Almonds||2 Tablespoon, sliced|
1. CHICKEN TIKKA: In a bowl, mix clarified butter, garam masala and yogurt.
Put the chicken pieces into it and mix well. Let it marinate from 30 minutes to 1 hour.
2. RICE: In a pot add the rice and water and let it cook till soft.
3. Sprinkle cumin seeds and green peas. Stir and cover to let the peas cook in the steam. Set aside.
4. CHICKEN TIKKA: Arrange the chicken pieces on a skewer and barbecue it for around 6 minutes.
5. In a pan, heat clarified butter and sauté the onions till translucent and soft.
6. Add paprika, garam masala and sauté for a few minutes.
7. Put the canned tomatoes and cook for a few minutes till the tomatoes are cooked.
8. Pour the cream and stir till mixed. Put the cinnamon stick and stir.
9. Add the grilled chicken pieces and cook till the chicken is fully cooked. Turn off the heat.
10. KHEER: In another pan, put 2 cups of basmati rice, sugar and coconut milk.
11. Bring to boil and simmer till the rice is cooked. Half way through, add ½ cup of basmati rice and continue cooking. Stir continuously to avoid lumps and turn off the heat once the kheer reaches the required consistency.
12. Pour rosewater and sprinkle cardamom and stir to mix well.
13. In a serving plate, place the cooked rice with green peas. Pour chicken tikka masala beside it and serve paired with extra dry sparkling champaign.
14. In a serving bowl, pour the kheer garnished with raisins, pistachio and almonds.
Chicken tikka can also be broiled or baked in the oven.