Khandvi - Tri-color Stuffed Khandvi
|For the khandvi|
|Gram flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Salt||1 Pinch (to taste)|
|Ginger paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Green chili paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1 Pinch|
|Oil||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|For the green stuffing|
|Green peas||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), boiled|
|Cilantro leaves||3 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Mint leaves||2 Gram|
|Green garlic stalk/Garlic||2 Gram|
|Lime juice||3 Drop|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|For the orange stuffing|
|Poppy seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Cashew nuts||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic chutney||1 Teaspoon|
|For the seasoning|
|Mustard seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a blender, add in the green peas, cilantro, mint, green garlic stalks, green chili paste, ginger paste and blend well into a smooth paste to make the green stuffing.
2. Remove in a bowl, add lime juice, sugar and salt to taste and mix well. Keep aside.
3. Wash the blender and add in the ingredients for the orange stuffing, except the garlic chutney and blend well into a paste. Remove into a bowl and mix the garlic chutney well with the stuffing until it becomes orange in color. Keep aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the gram flour, yogurt, water, salt, ginger and green chili paste, turmeric powder and oil. Mix well with a hand blender until it becomes a liquid.
5. In a pot over medium high heat, pour this batter and bring it to a boil, stirring vigorously making sure the raw smell is no longer there. Cook this mixture for 20 minutes or until a tablespoon of the amount, spread on a plate and left to dry for a minute comes out easily.
6. Take a large steel plate and grease it well with oil. Pour a ladleful of this batter, Spread it as thin as possible with the back of a large flat spoon. Use circular outward movements as for a dosa.
7. When this cools, place the orange or green color stuffing and spread evenly. Carefully roll the flat pancake, pressing in gently. Using a sharp knife slice it into 1 inch pieces and place them into a bowl.
8. In a small pan, heat oil, add in the mustard and sesame seeds. Once its done crackling, immediately pour this seasoning over the stuffed khandvi rolls.
9. Serve the tirangi kandhvi with ketchup or tamarind chutney.