1. Soak all the ingredients in a bowl of water and keep it overnight.
2. In a blender, add all the soaked ingredients and blend well into a smooth batter. Soak this batter for 6 hours before making the dosa on a pan.
3. Heat a non stick pan on high heat and lower the temperature.
4. Once the temperature is down, pour the batter in a circular motion to make a thin dosa. Let it cook for 4 - 5 minutes on each side on high heat or until it becomes golden brown and crispy.
5. Drizzle 1 tbsp of oil over and on the sides of the dosa. Gently flip it to let the other side cook properly.
6. Using a spatula, remove the crisp dosa and transfer it onto a plate.
7. Take a pizza cutter or using the sharp edge of the spatula make a cut from the edge of the dosa till the center, while the dosa is still hot.
8. From the cut area of the dosa, start folding it in the clockwise direction, pressing gently to form a cone.
9. Serve the cone shaped dosa with coriander chutney and imli or tamarind chutney.
In the winter, you will need to keep the dosa batter for 8 hours or keep in an oven with the light on for fermenting.
Before pouring the batter onto the pan, the temperature of the pan needs to be low. To reduce the temperature from high, just sprinkle some water and wipe this water with a paper towel or tissue paper.