|Pineapple chunks||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs), beaten|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon (For Thickening)|
|Green chiles||4 Medium|
|Coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredding|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon (For Tempering)|
|Curry leaves||2 Teaspoon|
|Dried red chilies||4 Medium|
|Coconut oil||1 Tablespoon|
1. Wash, peel and cut ripened pineapple into small chunks.
2. Blend the yogurt in a mixer to remove its lumps.
3. In a saucepan, add pineapple chunks, green chili, turmeric powder, water, and boil this mixture.
4. Grind coconut, cumin seeds and green chilies in a mixer or hand blender with little water.
5. Add pounded coconut mixture to the pineapple and mix well. Pour some water (if needed), and add. Cook for about 5-10 minutes.
6. Pour beaten curd and cook for a minute. (Avoid boiling curry after adding curd as it may change the texture and add more sourness) and keep it aside.
7. In a kadai, heat coconut oil, and crackle fenugreek and mustard seeds. Add curry leaves, red chilies, and fry them until chilies turn slightly black in color.
8. Spoon the tempering into curry and stir well.
9. Serve this pineapple pulissery with steamed rice.
Calories 266 Calories from Fat 120
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.6%
Saturated Fat 10.5 g52.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 7.3 mg2.4%
Sodium 537.5 mg22.4%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.7%
Sugars 28.4 g
Protein 5 g9.3%
Vitamin A 10.2% Vitamin C 112.3%
Calcium 9.5% Iron 12.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet