|Plantain||1 Large, sweet and ripe|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Turmeric powder||1 Pinch|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (enough to make thick batter)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Peel the plantain and slice it lengthwise in about ¼ inch thickness. If using a smaller pan to fry, you may even half the banana and then slice it lengthwise.
2. In a thick bottom pan, heat up oil in medium heat.
3. In a mixing bowl, mix the flour, turmeric powder, sugar, chili powder and salt with water, just enough to make a thick batter.
4. Dip the sliced plantain pieces in the batter to coat well.
5. Once the oil is hot enough, deep fry the batter coated plantains, flipping sides, until they turn golden brown, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from oil and drain excess oil by spreading pazham pori in kitchen towels.
6. Serve hot as a snack during tea time.