|Rice flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. In a pan, boil water along with salt and oil on high heat. Once the water has boiled, simmer and add flour as you stir well to combine. Switch off the flame. Close with a lip and keep aside for about 15-20 min or until the dough is cool enough to be kneaded to perfection using hand.
2. Open the lid and using your hand (oil hands to avoid dough sticking to the hand) knead the dough as you would to make roti. Knead well until the dough attain a smooth texture.
3. Make 1 ½ inch balls out of the dough and roll out on a floured surface, in the size of a medium sized poori.
4. Heat up a non stick pan and cook pathiri on it, pressing both sides to blow up like phulkas.
5. Serve hot with your favourite vegetable or non vegetarian curry.
Be careful not to make the dough too stickly. If the quantity of water is more then add a bit more dough; the right consistency of the dough is when it attains a glass like texture, which is neither too sticky nor too dry.