1. For rough spinach leaves, microwave it in the oven for 3 minutes, under 50% power.
2. On a chopping board, chop all the microwaved spinach leaves.
3. In a pan, heat butter, add urad dal, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, green chilies, garlic, curry leaves, hing, onions, sambar powder, salt, grated coconut and stir fry it on medium heat for a few minutes..
4. Add the chopped spinach, stir well on medium low heat for 5 minutes.
5. Crank up the heat to high and fry for another 3 minutes.
6. Serve the fried spinach alongside white rice or with roti.