1. Preheat oil in a microwave safe bowl for 2 to 3 minutes.
2. In hot oil mix well adding mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves and sliced garlic.
3. Put the bowl in microwave, cook for 2 minutes and mix in raw peanuts.
4. Microwave for 3 more minutes making sure to stir after every one minute.
5. Add asafoetida, chat masala and red chili powder, mix well and cook for 30 more seconds.
6. Add murmura, mix well and microwave for 2 more minutes, making sure to stir after a minute.
7. Finally add salt and powdered sugar, mix well.
8. After bhadang cools down, store in an air tight container.