1. Wash and soak rice in water for 20 minutes.
2. Wash tindora very well and then cut its edges and cut that in to small coins.
3. Heat oil, add cumin seeds, bay leaf and onions and saute until onions turn translucent.
4. Then add ginger garlic paste and turmeric powder, mix well and cook for another one minute.
5. Add tindora, mix well and add rice along with two cups of water.
6. Then add chili powder, biriyani masala and salt to taste and mix very well.
7. Bring that to boil over high heat and then lower down the heat to medium, cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
8. After 4 minutes, lower down the heat to lowest possible temperature and cook for 20 more minutes.
9. Give rice a 10 minutes of standing time before you serve it.
10. Garnish with freshly scraped coconut and coriander leaves and serve.