|Fenugreek leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Turmeric powder||1 Pinch|
|Salt||2 Tablespoon (as per taste)|
|Green chili paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Chat masala||1 Teaspoon|
1. Mix all ingredients and knead adding water to the consistency of chappati dough.
2. Cover with a cloth and leave for about 15 minutes.
3. Smoothen the dough with 1/2 teaspoon oil and knead a little.
4. Divide the dough into equal golf size or smaller sized balls.
5. On the rolling board roll the balls into thin rotis.
6. Heat a cast iron griddle to warm heat using indirect heat if needed.
7. Bake the rotis on both sides such that bubbles form.
8. Bring them down on paper towels and apply oil or ghee lightly on both sides.
9. Heat the cast iron griddle to medium high heat.
10. Place the khakra and cook pressing with a roti press on the bubbles till the rotis turn crispy and brittle starting from the outside edges.
11. Similarly make khakras from leftover rotis if any.
12. Coat with ghee and sprinkle of chat masala and serve with pickle, chutney, jam or tea.
13. Store in airtight container and consume within 10-15 days.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1210 Calories from Fat 679
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 77 g118.8%
Saturated Fat 32 g159.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 120.6 mg40.2%
Sodium 6013.5 mg250.6%
Total Carbohydrates 112 g37.4%
Dietary Fiber 18.3 g73.3%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 27 g54.2%
Vitamin A 20.2% Vitamin C 0.84%
Calcium 4.9% Iron 29.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet