This vadas are basically crispy sorghum fritters and it's gluten free.
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1 1⁄2 Tablespoon
Coriander and cumin powder
1 Tablespoon (adjust to taste)
Green chili paste
1 1⁄2 Teaspoon
1. Mix dry ingredients- jowar flour, besan, sesame seeds, turmeric powder, coriander and cumin powder, salt to taste and black gram flour if desired.
2. Add yogurt, oil, green chili paste and ginger paste and mix adding water to a medium stiff batter.
3. Leave for about 5 -6 hours or overnight
4. Add baking soda and little more water and adjust the consistency of the batter to make it thick.
5. Heat oil in a non-stick deep fry pan and fry the vadas on medium heat till they turn golden brown in color.
6. Drain out excess oil and serve with tea.