1. Cut the tindora from the center and cut the halves again to get julienne cuts
2. Alternately cut them into circles horizontally.
3. In a nonstick pot heat oil on medium heat and splutter mustard and cumin seeds.
4. Add asafoetida, tindora and salt to taste, stir and let it cook with cover for about 8-10 minutes with occasional stirring.
5. Towards the end of cooking add green chili paste, garlic paste, coriander and cumin powder and turmeric powder and cook without cover for about 10-15 minutes for getting a crunchy textured tindora.
6. Once done mix finely chopped coriander leaves.
7. Remove to a serving dish and serve with rotis or rice.
Use only the tindora that is green inside.
Donot use tindora that is ripe and red or orange inside.