5 Tablespoon, divided (2 for the filling 3 for cooking the parwal)
2 Tablespoon (for the filling)
1. Gently scrape the skin of parwal with a knife and make a cut through the middle.
2. Remove ripe or hard seeds if any from the center.
3. Cut parwal with hard seeds into half and stuff masala into each half.
4. In a dish mix the filling ingredients adding little more oil or water if needed.
5. In a nonstick pot heat 3 tablespoons oil.
6. For half parwals, take 1 parwal at a time, remove seeds if any, fill the stuffing and add into the pot
7. For the slit parwals slowly fill stuffing through the available gaps without breaking the parwal and add into the pot.
8. Cover and let it cook stirring occasionally on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
9. Remove the cover and gently toss the parwals.
10. For leftover filling, mix a little water, add into the pot where the parwals are cooking and cook for about 20 minutes.
11. Serve with rotis or rice.
You can cook the parwal in the pressure cooker for about 2-3 whistles.