Garlic Butter Naan
|Plain flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Wheat flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Salt||1 Tablespoon (to taste)|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander leaves||2 Tablespoon, roughly chopped (Optional)|
|Active dry yeast||2 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Plain yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), room temperature|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon, hard|
1. Preheat the oven at 450 degrees F.
2. In a wide bowl, nicely mix the plain flour, wheat flour, salt to taste, garlic powder and chopped coriander leaves.
3. Make a well in the center and add the yeast, sugar and water.
4. Cover it and let it stand for 5 minutes for the yeast to get frothy.
5. Mix everything well, add little water at a time and knead well into a soft and smooth dough.
6. Spread a little oil inside the bowl and roll the dough over to cover with oil.
7. Place the dough in the middle, cover it and let it rise for about 10-15 minutes.
8. Then pull out a big apple sized portion of the dough, roll into a ball and flatten slightly between palms.
9. Sprinkle the surface with flour and roll it to about 1/2 inch thickness.
10. Sprinkle baking tray with flour and spread the rolled dough over it.
11. Spread minced garlic over the rolled naan.
12. If desired cover the naan with a cloth and leave it to rise for 10 to 15 minutes.
13. Place the naan in the oven and bake for about 8 - 10 minutes.
14. Remove from the oven and smear with butter.
15. Sprinkle some more cilantro and serve as it is or curries.
Calories 548 Calories from Fat 151
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.6%
Saturated Fat 10.1 g50.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 42 mg14%
Sodium 1476.5 mg61.5%
Total Carbohydrates 89 g29.5%
Dietary Fiber 8.2 g33%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 13 g25.5%
Vitamin A 19.7% Vitamin C 5.8%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 15.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet