12 Medium (For the kofta recipe please see http://www.ifood.tv/recipe/malai-koftas-0)
1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped
1 Tablespoon, broken pieces
Red chili powder
2 Teaspoon (to taste)
1 Teaspoon (to taste)
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1. In nonstick pan heat oil, splutter cumin seeds and add turmeric powder.
2. Stir in onions and add few broken cashew pieces, ginger paste, garlic paste, red chili powder to taste, salt to taste, garam masala to taste and water as needed.
3. Cook with lid until onions are done.
4. Blend with a hand blender, then add tomato puree and let it cook with cover for about 15 minutes.
5. Add cream and bay leaves and stir on low heat.
6. Garnish the gravy with chopped coriander leaves and place the koftas into it.
7. Serve with parathas, naan or rotis.