1. In a nonstick pan on medium heat, heat oil and add cumin seeds, turmeric powder and onion and cook until onions are almost done.
2. Then add lentil chunks and saute well.
3. Mix ginger garlic paste and salt and cook adding water as needed with cover until potatoes are tender.
4. Add little water to bring in slightly liquid consistency.
5. Mix in the tomato puree, paprika and garam masala and cook with cover until the vegetables are soft.
6. Mix brown sugar and sprinkle coriander leaves.
7. Serve with whole wheat parathas or rotis.